The Iowa Lean Champion Award honors a leader who has made significant contributions to Lean practices and/or lead a Lean journey and meets the following criteria set forth by the ILC Board of Directors:
- Leadership – Recognized Leader in Lean and Continuous Improvement
- Sustainability – 10 years practicing in a Leadership or Change Agent role
- Impact – Demonstrated and quantifiable business improvements
- Principle-Based – Demonstrated key Lean Principles of Respect and Continuous Improvement
- Influential – Has been a Role Model & Mentor to Others
- Outreach – Leader in the Community as well as in Business
2019 Iowa Lean Champion Award Winner
Cory Reuter exhibited transformative leadership while serving as Director of Process Improvement, Analytics and Performance Excellence at Unity Point Health.
Cory is a leader beyond his area of responsibility. His constancy of purpose expanded the continuous improvement opportunities at Unity Point Health and his work had impact organization-wide. It resulted in time and dollar savings across areas as diverse as Coronary Artery Disease, Diabetes, Sepsis, Falls Reduction, and more, and impacted both patient care and support for patient care.
Reuter is the eighth Lean Champion to be recognized by the ILC.
We are now accepting nominations for the 2019 Lean Champion Award. To nominate someone for this award complete this online form by July 31, 2020. The award will be presented at the 2020 Annual Conference in Des Moines.