Webinar: Driving a Customer Centric Lean Six Sigma Approach
How do we take “Quality” from the past and integrate it into the work of the future.
- Dr Russell Ackoff speaks to the need to understand our organizations from a systems perspective
- Malcolm Baldrige recognizes “Systems Perspective” as a core value of the Baldrige Criteria
- Dr Deming gave us the Theory of Profound Knowledge that draws an interrelationship between identifying our Customer’s needs, building Systems to meet the needs, reducing variation to make more profit by doing our work consistently with fewer defects, using the PDSA cycle to continuously improve to gain knowledge, and finally using the talent of the workforce to accomplish all of this through motivation training and empowerment
- Peter Drucker told us that we are doing things, but they may not be the right things. That effectiveness is the ability to do the right thing and efficiency is the ability to do the right thing right.
- The Toyota Production System gave us flow and elimination of waste and James Womack gave us “Lean” to address efficiency and customer value
This webinar is about finding the right thing, building it efficiently to serve our direct customer and make a profit for the sustainability of the organization.
- Have we lost our focus on the Customer?
- Have we avoided looking at effectiveness and accepted attacking efficiency?
- Has our culture been impacted by the work that we are doing without leadership having a clue how to do it?
Are we fearful of what we might find out if we assessed the key processes of our organization?
Let’s talk about it, then do it!!
Cost: ILC Member FREE ....... Non-member $100
Gary Nesteby is the Director of the Iowa Quality Center a 23 year old nonprofit organization with a mission to “Provide leadership for performance excellence by connecting individuals, organizations and communities.”
Mr. Nesteby has spent 39 years in the field of quality and continuous improvement beginning as a director of quality position in manufacturing for 15 years, consultant and trainer in Total Quality Transformation in education, healthcare and business and Executive Director of the Baldrige based Iowa Recognition for Performance Excellence, the state of Iowa quality award process. He is the developer of the Customer Centric lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification used to train over 180 individuals in lean and six sigma processes.
Gary has been recognized for his work in education, healthcare and business and is a member of the Alliance for Performance Excellence State Programs. He is a consultant, trainer, mentor and coach but most enjoys being a father of two young adults and grandfather of four younger students.
Webinar Sponsored By: