2017 IOWA LEAN CONSORTIUM FALL CONFERENCE CALL FOR PRESENTERS
October 9 - 11, 2017 Altoona, Iowa
The ILC’s Annual Conference will be held October 9 - 11, 2016, at Prairie Meadows in Altoona. This annual event offers attendees the opportunity to gain a deeper understanding of Lean principles and how they can be successfully applied in the work environment. As Iowa’s consortium of leading-edge Lean practitioners, we would like to offer you the opportunity to make a presentation at this event. If chosen, you will be among the best practice presenters making up the core program of our 2017 Conference.
Conference Goals - Share∙Learn∙Grow:
- Share best-in-class Lean learning experiences to demonstrate how organizations achieve superior results through continuous improvement.
- Create a learning environment that supports employee involvement and leadership development.
- Grow our members’ ability to compete and sustain their continuous improvement efforts and bottom-line success.
The ILC Events team will be using the following criteria for presentation selection:
- Presenters are practitioners who have actually achieved results.
- Presentation provides an entire Lean journey story: problem identification, lean tool selection, success verification, and new knowledge application.
- Presentation shares examples of leadership that enabled results achievement.
- Presentation helps inspire others towards world-class competitiveness.
- Presentation supports ILC’s conference goals.
It is expected that the presentation slots will fill quickly. All selected presenters will be contacted by the ILC coordinator to coordinate logistics and details.
All submissions must include the following:
Company/Organization Information: Briefly describe the organization and its expertise in 50-75 words. Include preferred link(s) to your company website(s).
Speaker Biography: Briefly describe your background and expertise. If more than one speaker, please provide a biography for each.
Title: Choose a title that is clear, concise and intriguing. Capture the essence of your topic. Many attendees will decide whether or not to go to your session based on your title.
Tagline/Title of Presentation: Adding a short tagline further describes your topic and provides additional quick detail on your presentation content.
Presentation Type: lecture, interactive, round table, etc.
Presentation Description:In 250-300 words maximum, identify what knowledge or skills attendees will be able to take away from your presentation. Be sure to include your results and how they were obtained. If your presentation is selected, your abstract will be reviewed, edited and published on the conference website and in various conference materials.
3-5 Objectives: Clearly describe what attendees will learn as a result of attending your session.
Target Audience Based On experience: indicate on the submission form who will benefit most from your presentation based on their level of experience with your subject matter.
Target Audience Based On their role in their organization: indicate on the submission form who will benefit most from your presentation based on their role in their organization.
Additional Presentation Requirements/Information:
- Total time allotted per breakout session on October 9th and 10th is 75 minutes. Presentations will be 60 minutes in length with 15 minutes of Q&A at the end.
- Total time allotted per workshop on October 11th is 3.5 hours.
- Each presenter should include no more than one slide on personal and company introductions.
- Each presentation will be submitted to the ILC, in PowerPoint format, 10 weeks prior to the conference date.
- All presentations will be available on line to conference attendees. Presenters will be responsible for any handouts (optional).
If you are interested in presenting at this year’s Annual Fall Conference and/or the Pre-Conference, please submit this form by May 3, 2017 for consideration by the Fall Conference Programming Team.
It is the responsibility of the presenters to book their own accommodations, as soon as possible, at the conference hotel. Use the link provided or call (515) 957-3000 and use code 10082017IAL for the discounted rate.
All presentation submitters will receive an e-mail acknowledgement regarding receipt of their proposed presentation. Acceptance by the ILC’s Conference Planning Team will be based on relevance to its “fit” within the overall context of the Conference.
Deadline for submissions is May 3, 2017